Third year, Part-Time, EdD (Education) Leaders and Leadership in Education Doctorate.
Indicative title: Measuring and appraising (KPI QA) institutional policies and strategies related with student retention (attrition) - an institution wide approach.
At this stage, I aim to develop a framework to measure and appraise the effectiveness of student retention strategies and activities (perhaps linked with KPI, while implementing a quality assurance approach) and their practical implementation. I aspire that this could be a universal tool, which potentially could be customised for any higher education institution to aid lowering attrition rates via the implementation of an ‘institutional wide’ approach.
Soilemetzidis, I. (2016) Student retention in higher education (HE), Bourdieu sociological theory and Ishikawa diagrams: exploring potentials and possibilities, a framework analysis, EdD Colloquium “Academic Voices”, School of Education, Oxford Brookes University, 2 July 2016
Buckley, A., Soilemetzidis, I. and Hillman, N. (2015) The 2015 Student Academic Experience Survey, HEPI number 76, The Higher Education Academy, 4 June 2015 http://www.hepi.ac.uk/2015/06/04/2015-academic-experience-survey
Soilemetzidis, I., Bennett, P. and Leman, J. (2014), The Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) 2014, The Higher Education Academy, Thursday 2 October 2014
Soilemetzidis, I., Bennett, P., Buckley, A., Hillman, N. and Stoakes, G. (2014) The HEPI–HEA Student Academic Experience Survey 2014, The Higher Education Academy / HEPI number 67, HEPI–HEA Spring Conference 21 May 2014
Soilemetzidis, I. and Dale, C. (2013) Student retention in UK higher education: Exploring the link between entry grades and attrition trends, European Academic Research, Vol. 1, Issue 8, pp. 2326-2349
- Student retention (attrition) strategies and activities in higher education
- Evaluate and establish KPIs (key performance indicators)
- International higher education collaborations and academic partnerships
- Internationalisation of higher education
- Entrepreneurship, business start-ups and intellectual property (trade marks)
- Business education
- Quality assurance and subject benchmark statements
- English language and the global higher education industry
- International higher education systems
- Technology, teaching, learning and curriculum development
Professor Graeme Douglas
Professor Mike McLinden
Membership of Research and Professional Organisations
Any other information