New report from ACER addresses the needs of pupils with autism in Qatar
The latest report from the ACER team Meeting the Needs of Pupils with Autism In Qatar: Moving Forward was commissioned by the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE), an initiative of the Qatar Foundation. The report examines Qatar’s progress in implementing its education plan for people with autism, considers challenges and opportunities, and suggests recommendations for improvement.
In moving forward, the priority is to ensure that autistic people and their families have access to:
- Mandated diagnostic, post-diagnostic and early intervention services
- An appropriate range of educational provision for all age groups
- Social and leisure facilities
- Support for transitions between stages of schooling and from school to adult services
- Vocational training, housing, further education and college opportunities for autistic adults
- Culturally appropriate research on approaches and interventions
The report is due to be discussed at the WISE summit on 14 - 16 November 2017.