Race and Education in the Trump/Brexit Era
- Room G39, School of Education (Building R19)
- Social Sciences
This one-day conference brings together leading academics in the field of education to share ongoing research and praxis for race equality in an era dominated by the divisions and hatred shaped by the politics of Brexit and Trump.
The conference will include keynotes from leading international academics and two panel sessions which will focus on current research that explores the changing and contested nature of racism and education in the Trump/Brexit era.
The conference will be followed by the launch of White Privilege: the myth of a post-racial society by Kalwant Bhopal.
- Thandeka K. Chapman (University of California, San Diego, USA)
- Laurence J. Parker (University of Utah, USA)
- Rowena Arshad (University of Edinburgh)
- Kalwant Bhopal (University of Birmingham)
- Claire E Crawford (University of Birmingham)
- Reza Gholami (University of Birmingham)
- David Gillborn (University of Birmingham)
- Sundeep Lidher (TBC)
- Katy Sian (University of York)
- Carol Vincent (UCL)
This event is free. Please register online if you wish to attend.