The Caroline Benn Society will build on the traditions of research and scholarship Caroline established in her books on the comprehensive reform: Halfway There (with Professor Brian Simon) and Thirty Years On (with Professor Clyde Chitty).
The aim of the Caroline Benn Society is to:
- Consolidate the history of comprehensive education;
- Establish the Caroline Benn Digital Archive;
- Generate a broadly based programme of research on comprehensive education;
- Disseminate the result of this research through publications, lectures, seminars, conferences and symposia;
- Collaborate with other networks and organisations that provide a hub for joint outreach;
- Become a key reference point for policy makers in the development and review of policy and practice in the field of contemporary education.
Professor Jane Martin
Telephone +44 (0)121 414 7446