Education Research that Matters: Finding and Reading Research for Teachers
- Social Sciences, Teaching
Discover ‘Education Research that Matters’ – a new series of massive open online courses (MOOCs) offered by the School of Education at the University of Birmingham in partnership with the Chartered College of Teaching.
From 16 September 2019 - 7 October 2019, explore how engaging with research can transform your practice. The course is free and open to teachers working in early years, primary, secondary, further education settings as well as other education professionals working outside of school settings.
The areas of focus for the four weeks of the course will be:
- Week 1. How might engaging with research transform your practice?
- Week 2. How might you go about locating research to inform your practice?
- Week 3. How might you go about selecting the most significant research to engage with?
- Week 4. How might you most effectively judge the research you come into contact with and move to implement?
Keep an eye out for our future MOOCs including Ways of Researching (launching in November) and Completing Research in Learning Communities (launching in January 2020).