Support for Newly Qualified Teachers
Congratulations on successfully completing your Initial Teacher Education year!
We are very proud of your achievements throughout your year with us and want you to continue to feel part of the University of Birmingham community. The team recognise the challenges of the PG year and despite these challenges we know that you will have made connections that will sustain you throughout your teaching career. We hope you will continue to be a reflective practitioner and develop the attributes that underpin our course.
The next stage in your journey is to begin your first job, employed as a newly qualified teacher.
We're committed to supporting you in this transition and providing opportunities for you to:
- remember what you have covered within your ITE course and talk about this with others
- have discussions with your employing school so that they understand your starting point and know how they can best support you
- reflect upon your NQT targets and consider any professional development opportunities and plan your own professional development both as an newly qualified teacher and in future years
- consider the focus for your masters’ study and discuss the school’s development plan
- maintain a relationship with the ITE team so that we can continue to support you in your future career
- Please check this site for details of upcoming NQT events and take a look at our unique opportunities for teachers.
- We wish you the very best of luck and hope we continue to work with you in lots of different ways in the future.
To access learning resources, please log into your Canvas Account
Professional Development Opportunities
We also offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our specialist professional development courses to further your career. Many of the courses may be studied on a part-time basis and via distance learning.