We strongly encourage our UCAS applicants to visit the Department of Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering here at the University of Birmingham in order that they can get a real taste of what it is like to study here.
We invite all offer holders to visit the University. You will learn to more about our courses, see the excellent facilities in the Department to see the University of Birmingham's beautiful campus. These days are also the perfect opportunity to talk with current students, the Admissions Tutor and other members of academic teaching staff about studying at the University of Birmingham.
The programme for the day follows a format similar to below:
- Information on careers and what it is like to work in engineering, from current students who have been on industrial placements
- Details of the course structure and the content of the modules
- Advice on obtaining scholarships and other support for your learning
- A chance to quiz current students and academic teaching staff on what it is like to study at the University of Birmingham
- A taster experience lecture and laboratory classes
- A pop-up Professor who will talk to you about leading edge research that informs our teaching and that you may become involved with in your project work
Many of our current students tell us that the opportunity to visit the department and have their questions answered was very useful to them in making the difficult choice between universities. We therefore urge you to accept this invitation, and we look forward to meeting you.
We will invite you to attend one of our Offer Holder Days after we make you an offer of a place on one of our courses. For further information you may also email email@example.com