A partnership between the University of Birmingham and
Sun Yat-sen University
Our 2+2 partnership allows students who begin their studies in China to finish their studies at the University of Birmingham and achieve a dual degree – BS Environmental Science from Sun Yat-sen University and BSc Environmental Science from the University of Birmingham.
Successful applicants recruited onto the programme scheme will:
- study in the School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences for two years
- graduate with a dual degree after successfully completing their undergraduate studies
The programmes at Birmingham
All students accepted through the partnership will be offered a scholarship equivalent to 20% of the annual coursetuition fee.
- Accreditation for the course is being sought through the Institution of Environmental Sciences (IES)
- We offer a wide choice of specialist modules which allow students to follow their own interests
- Teaching is delivered in a vibrant research-led environment by internationally-recognised specialists
- Field work opportunities are available in England, Wales, Malta, Portugal or Tenerife (depending on module choices)
- Practical work will help students to develop their research skills
- Opportunity to study a Professional Placement module
- The final year independent research project can be linked to volunteering opportunities, work placements or our internationally renowned research groups
- Studying in the UK will help students to develop a more independent learning style in the enquiry-based British education system
- Many students go on to study at MSc or PhD level at Birmingham or at other top 50 institutions
Entry requirements for Birmingham
Students on the following courses at Sun Yat-sen University are eligible to apply for Environmental Science at Birmingham:
- BS Environmental Science
- BS Environmental Engineering
Your choice of optional modules at Birmingham may depend on the modules you have studied in China.
Students will also need to meet the normal entry requirements for English language:
- IELTS 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any band
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) 51 in all four skills
Students should normally take their English language test in time to provide the University with the results by the end of June, to start their course in September.
To apply students require 75% overall from Year 1. Offers are also conditional on achieving 75% overall in Year 2.
Download the brochure for more information: