This module will develop your skills in Earth Science research methods, including leading a short independent research project and making a scientific presentation. It will also develop your ability to undertake basic statistics in the context of geoscience and working with digital resources to make geological models.
By the end of the module you will be able to:
- Conduct data collection and interpretation for a research project.
- Use simple statistical methods and respective software to analyse data.
- Present data appropriately and in a professional manner.
- Prepare a written report to professional standards.
- Prepare an oral presentation to a professional standard.
- 10-minute PowerPoint presentation or a 5-minute podcast
- 2,000-word project report