The Project module is an opportunity for students to undertake a major piece of independent research at Masters level, moving beyond the topic explored in the Dissertation/IRE undertaken in year 3.
It is expected that work will continue on the project throughout the year, with submission following the Easter vacation.
The project will be written up as an article as if targeting a specific academic journal identified in conjunction with the project supervisor.
- Independent research with supervisor support
- Poster submitted at the end of Semester 1 outlining research design (10%)
- Project write up taking the form of an article as if written for submission to a relevant academic journal (12,000 words or equivalent) (90%)
- Critical thinking
- Journal article preparation
- Poster presentation skills