This course introduces students to a range of skills and techniques which are useful to Geographers. In the tutorial component students develop their critical reading and academic writing skills, along with presentation and analysis techniques.
- Tutorials take place in individual staff offices; small teaching rooms. Field courses take place in a European destination.
- 1 x 1200 word essay (20%)
- 1 x 2000 word essay (30%)
- 1 x 2000 word equivalent field note book (33%)
- Tutor sets and marks each essay
- Small group presentation set by tutor (17%)