This module introduces students to a range of skills and techniques that are crucial to undergraduate Geographers and their future careers. These include academic writing, interpersonal skills, presentations and group project work, focused on geographical practice.
By the end of the module you should be able to:
- Demonstrate good academic writing practice in the form of essays and a research report
- Demonstrate and reflect critically on presentation skills within a small group format
- Exhibit an enhanced knowledge of appropriate study skills for academic practice
- Conduct and appraise research in a small group context.
- Reflect critically on the link between their undergraduate programme and future career paths