Urban morphology and conservation: research and practice workshop
- M.R.G. Conzen Collection (above the Lapworth Museum), Earth Sciences building, University of Birmingham
- Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
Numbers are limited. Please contact Jeremy Whitehand (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to attend.
The Urban Morphology Research Group are hosting a day conference sponsored by ISUF in conjunction with the UK/Ireland Planning Research Conference. Speakers will include:
- Graham Fairclough (English Heritage) ‘Predecessors and neighbours: landscape and cities’
- Karl Kropf (Built Form Resource Ltd, UK) ‘The pragmatics of urban morphology’
- Peter Larkham & Nick Morton (Birmingham City University) ‘Mapping conservation areas: measuring aspects of character and drawing designation boundaries’
- Ivor Samuels (University of Birmingham) ‘From description to prescription: the contribution that townscape and heritage surveys make to planning practice’
Refreshments will be served at 10.45am. and 3.45pm. Lunch will be in Staff House from 12.45-2.00pm.