We are inviting Young Geographers (studying Geography at Key Stage 3, 4 or 5) to enter our photography competition, addressing the theme ‘Changing Places’. This Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences (GEES) photography competition is open to all interpretations of geography, spanning human and physical environments.
- £100 Amazon voucher for the photographer
- £100 Amazon voucher for their Geography department
- £50 Amazon voucher for the photographer
- £50 Amazon voucher for their Geography department
Closing date: Thursday 20 July 2017 (5pm)
How to submit an entry
- One submission is allowed per person, addressing the theme of 'Changing Places'.
- You must submit an original entry (not submitted to any other photography competition).
Submissions must include:
- a short caption (max. 50 words) which includes the location and date of the photograph
- name of photographer
- age of photographer
- contact details of School and Head of Geography
- the file name of the image must include the surname of the photographer
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com (all submissions must include a completed entry form).
Complete an entry form and enter the competition (Word doc 894KB)
Terms and conditions
- The photographs will be judged on their relevance to the theme, the image and the corresponding caption. The competition will be adjudicated by a panel of judges led by Professor William Bloss. The judging panel’s decision is final.
- The competition is open to any Young Geographer studying Key Stage 3, 4 or 5 in the UK.
- If the photograph contains images of children under the age of 16, it is the responsibility of the entrant to seek their permission.
- All prizes are non-transferable.
- The competition is not open to staff of the School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Birmingham, or immediate family.
- The panel will reject any images they deem to be inappropriate.
- Only photographs submitted with a completed application form will be accepted.
- Only photographs submitted as jpg files will be accepted.
- Photograph file size and resolution: min 1MB / max 10MB / min resolution 300dpi.
- Young people aged 16 and under must gain permission from their parent or guardian before submission.
- It is the responsibility of entrants to gain permission from their Geography teacher before submission.
- By entering the GEES Photography Competition entrants agree to their images being used in GEES and University publicity and promotion.
- Winning entrants will be contacted via their Geography teacher in July 2017.