Pathways to Research
This is one of a pair of twinned modules which introduce you to important skills needed to study international relations/politics, and the process of engaging in international relations/political research.
It takes the view that the skills you need to achieve your full potential are best acquired through activity and, as such, you will learn through ‘doing’, producing an e-portfolio as you progress through the modules.
By the end of the module you should be able to:
- Employ research skills and work effectively in groups
- Appraise academic literature relevant to your discipline
- Synthesise different types of evidence to construct arguments in your discipline
- Apply the code of practice in referencing and academic integrity
- 1 x 2,000 word essay (100%)