Birmingham Teaching Fellows Session
- Muirhead Tower - Room 112
- Arts and Law, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Research, Teaching
- Wednesday 22nd February 2017 (16:00-18:00)
Reconstructing the Historical Subject
- Dr Marta Filipová: The people or the proletariat? Class appropriation in interwar Czechoslovak culture.
- Dr Ben Mechen: ‘A positive advance of our standard of civilisation’ – consuming and defending pornography in postwar Britain.
- Dr Zoë Thomas: Historical pageants, citizenship, and the performance of women’s history before second-wave feminism.
- Discussant: Professor Matt Houlbrook
Part of the Modern and Contemporary History Seminar Series Spring 2017.
ALL are welcome and there are always drinks afterwards in Bratby Bar, Staff House.
Please contact the organiser if you’d like to join the speaker for dinner afterwards.