16th Annual Midlands Viking Symposium
- Ground Floor, Muirhead Tower
- Arts and Law, Research, Students
2020 sees the sixteenth Midlands Viking Symposium take place on Saturday 25th April.
This annual one-day event will present news of some of the latest discoveries and ideas in Viking research to members of the public. It is organised in collaboration with the universities of Nottingham and Leicester.
Confirmed speakers and topics are detailed below, with more to come soon!
- Aspects of the Vikings in Eastern Europe and Byzantium, Monica White (University of Nottingham) and Agni Papamichael (University of Birmingham)
- The Social History of the Viking Age Communities in the North Atlantic, Cassidy Croci and Keith Ruiter (both University of Nottingham)
- New Evidence for the Viking Presence in England, Kate Sykes (University of Birmingham) and Adam Parsons
The day costs £35 per person (£15 for students). This includes registration, handouts, lunch and refreshments. To book your place please register at the Online Shop