CEPLER offers Birmingham Law School students unique opportunities to develop their insight, knowledge and experience.
Through our connections with legal and law-related organisations - along with generous support from our alumni - we provide a carefully structured programme of events, focusing on key areas of career development. Here is a flavour of the type of events and activities on offer to our students:
- Introduction Week - a range of introductory talks on becoming a solicitor or barrister; engaging with employers; and making the most of the wider careers services.
- Research and Strategy Week - including: planning your career as a solicitor; how to get a BPTC scholarship; careers in academia; alternatives to a legal career.
- International Law Week - including: qualifying as an international lawyer; routes to qualification in Canada; qualifying as a barrister as an international student; focusing on legal practice in a range of jurisdictions.
- Birmingham Law in the City - exclusive all-day event featuring six leading international firms.
- Law in Practice Week - focusing on a range of specialist legal practice areas.
- Applications Week - practical advice and interactive skills sessions.
- Interview and Assessment Week - workshops and mock assessment sessions on key areas.
- Alternatives Week - advice on alternatives to traditional legal careers
- Leaders in Law Lecture Series - welcoming esteemed guest speakers at the top of their profession. These lectures are also open to the public. Visit the CEPLER Events page for information about any forthcoming Leaders in Law lectures.