This module will build upon the knowledge gained from the Law School’s LLB 2nd Year Property modules allowing deeper engagement with key concepts in second year Land Law modules, but will include topics that have been omitted from the new 20 Credit Land Law and will include substantive new areas including landlord and tenant law.
An outline of topics covered by the module might be as follows:
- Landlord and tenant law, which may include:
- Building on key features of leasehold property and understanding express covenants and implied obligations termination of leases and remedies.
- Residential tenancies including the operation of the Housing Act 1988 and Rent Act 1977 and the regulation of long residential tenancies.
- The regulation of business tenancies.
- Freehold covenants and recommendations for change to the law in this area.
- Mortgages and undue influence and appreciation of the underlying policy issues in this area of law.
- Adverse Possession
- Property and Human Rights.