Teaching and assessment (2019-20): Semester 2, 1 x 6,000 word essay
This module builds up on the foundational module taking place in the first semester. It therefore presupposes knowledge of the legal and policy issues analysed in that context. From there, it analyses selected and more advanced issues of international trade law and policy.
This module is by nature flexible since its content will be changed depending on which issues in international trade become topical (e.g. the law and governance of public subsidies; energy, trade and climate change linkages; China in the WTO; international trade and development: a win-win situation?; the concept of ‘crisis’ in international trade and international economic law).
Indicative seminar topics:
- Globalisation: Governance through trade rules?
- Regional Trade Agreements and the international trading system
- International Trade Law and Foreign Investment – Linkages
- International trade and development: a win-win situation?
- Trade policy and climate change regulation
- Trade and human rights