Dr Tripkovic’s areas of supervision include:
• Jurisprudence/Legal Philosophy
• Constitutional law
• European Union law
• Human rights law
Dr Tripkovic particularly welcomes proposals for postgraduate research with a strong theoretical and/or comparative component. Potential students are invited to get in touch via e-mail to discuss their preliminary research proposals.
Current PhD students
• Marc Johnson, Metaphysics of Parliamentary Sovereignty
• Duaa Hassan, Restrictions of Freedom of Political Expression on Campus
• Khalid Khedri, Sovereignty, Colonialism, and the Construction of International law
• Kate Webster, Constitutional Protection of Property
• Matthew Wall, Can a Kelsenian Concept of Law be Defended in the 21st Century?
Past PhD students
• Albert Nell, Philosophical Justifications in International Criminal Law Jurisprudence
• Adam Metzger, Universalism, Relativism, and the Human Right to Development
• Constantina Lazaridou, Fundamental Rights and the Internal Market
Find out more - our PhD Law page has information about doctoral research at the University of Birmingham.