Modern Languages networking and workshop event for MFL teachers
- Tuesday 3 June 2014 (10:30-16:30)
This event is a new initiative launched by the Department of Modern Languages.
The event has several important objectives:
- to develop our relationship with teachers of Modern Languages in the local area, by creating opportunities for dialogue and networking between school teachers and university staff;
- to offer opportunities to share experiences of teaching Modern Languages at school and university;
- to reflect on how we might better support students as they transition from school to university;
- to allow some of our current students to meet and informally chat with school teachers about teaching as a career.
We are delighted to have as our keynote speaker Dr Angela Gallagher-Brett, National Programme Manager for Routes into Languages (LLAS Centre for languages, linguistics and area studies). Angela is an experienced language teacher, academic developer, project manager and researcher with particular interests in languages learning motivation, learning and teaching in higher education, and the transition from school to university.
Registration and bursaries
There will be a Registration fee of £5, to cover refreshments. Online registration is available at http://shop.bham.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=2&deptid=30&catid=62&prodid=875
We have a number of bursaries of £25 available for teachers who are not able to obtain funding from their schools. If you would like to apply for one of these, please contact Charlotte Ross as soon as possible (email@example.com).
Location and programme
The event will take place in the Muirhead Tower, room G15 (ground floor). This can be found on the campus map. Lunch and coffee/tea will be served in the foyer.