Enrol on a Summer Language Course and try out a new language this year.
This short summer course programme takes place in May/June each year and consists of 6-week taster courses in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese or Spanish, where students meet for one 2-hour session each week. With no assessments and no books to buy, these courses are a great way of trying out a new language from scratch or refreshing a language you have studied before.
All classes have a maximum number of 16 students, so you will find plenty of practical activities, interaction and language practice in small groups.
Summer Courses are open to everyone over the age of 18, from within and outside the University.
Full course details for 2018 including the timetable, languages offered and course fee will be posted here at the start of March 2018
- When: Weeks 3 to 8 of the University Summer Term (2018 dates to be confirmed)
- Where: Main University Edgbaston campus
- Course fee: To be confirmed
- Enrolment: Mid-March to end April 2018. Availability in all courses is limited and late enrolments cannot be accepted. A link to registration through our Online Shop will be posted here when enrolment opens.
Guide to Summer Course Levels:
- Beginner: starting with no previous knowledge or study of the language
- Near Beginners: around one year of previous study, for students who can make faster progress than a complete beginner
- Intermediate: around GCSE level, with 2 to 3 years of previous study
We reserve the right to review our programme if necessary and make changes at short notice to the range of languages/levels offered. All courses require a minimum number of enrolments to run.