Our long-established and highly regarded portfolio of Joint Honours degrees enables you to combine one or two language/s with a non-language discipline.
Joint Honours courses involving Modern Languages last for four years, with your third year abroad, studying and/or working in the country of your chosen language/s. The two subjects studied carry equal weight in your first year, with an opportunity to have a major/minor split in your second and final year of study.
Please visit our MyChoices site to discover more about your chosen combination and level for your language/s (beginner or advanced). Some combinations are not possible due to timetable restrictions.
Our Joint Honours programmes within the Department of Modern Languages:
- French Studies and History BA
- French Studies and Mathematics BA
- German Studies and History BA
- Hispanic Studies and History BA
- History and Russian Studies BA
- Modern Languages and English BA (Literature: one from French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish / Language: one from French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish)
- Modern Languages and History of Art BA (one or two from French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish)
- Modern Languages and Music BA (one from French, German, Russian or Spanish)
- Russian Studies and International Relations BA
Joint honours open day talk
[Video above - Dr Elena Theodorakopoulos delivers an undergraduate open day talk about studying Joint Honours at the University]