- Elgar Concert Hall - Bramall Music Building
- Arts and Law, Arts and Science Festival, Performance
- anaesthesia - music - consciousness
As part of the 2015 Arts and Science Festival, ‘Awake - Anaesthesia - Music - Consciousness’ explores anaesthesia through music, poetry and discussions. Dr Andrew Morley and Tim Cook will lead discussions to challenge the concept of consciousness, whilst Hilary Summers (contralto) and Andrew West (piano) will perform music by Debussy, Stanford, and a new work by University lecturer Michael Zev Gordon.
AWAKE is supported by the Wellcome Trust.
- Mezzo-soprano: Hilary Summers
- Piano: Andrew West
- Electronics: Julien Guillamat
Venue: Elgar Concert Hall, Bramall Music Building