- Bramall Music Building (R12 on map) Elgar Concert Hall
- Arts and Law, Arts and Science Festival, Performance
- University of Birmingham Music Society
Daniele Rosina conductor
Christopher Holley student conductor
- William Tuckwell Action Plan for Life Inside a Window (world premiere)
- Borodin In the Steppes of Central Asia
- Rimsky-Korsakov Capriccio Espagnole
- Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1 in B flat minor
The Music Society presents a concert highlighting the talents of its many members, with a programme featuring the winning entry in their annual Composition Prize by William Tuckwell. Student conductor Christopher Holley conducts the world premiere of the work, Action Plan for Life Inside a Window. Third year Music student Steven Teo brings the concert to a close as he performs Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 1 with the Symphony Orchestra, following his success in the Music Society’s Concerto Competition.
Venue: Elgar Concert Hall, Bramall Music Building
Admission: £10, £8 concessions, £3 students. Tickets available on the door or online at shop.bham.ac.uk (Product Catalogue > Non-Academic Departments > University Music Concerts).