- Bramall Music Building (R12 on map) Elgar Concert Hall
- Arts and Law, Arts and Science Festival, Performance
- University of Birmingham Music Society
Julian Wilkins conductor
Nicholas Wearne organ
Madeleine Roy, Naomi Sheer and Holly Singlehurst soprano soloists
- Kodály Laudes organi
- Finzi Lo, the full final sacrifice
- Mendelssohn Hear my prayer
The University Chorus takes the opportunity to perform with the Bramall organ in a programme of three contrasting works. The Chorus is joined by organist Nicholas Wearne and student soprano soloists Madeleine Roy, Naomi Sheer and Holly Singlehurst. Under the direction of Julian Wilkins, they perform Finzi’s 1946 anthem Lo, the full final sacrifice, Kodaly’s 1966 fantasia on a 17th century Sequence Laudes organi, and Mendelssohn’s 1844 anthem Hear my Prayer.
Venue: Elgar Concert Hall, Bramall Music Building
Admission: £10, £8 concessions, £3 students. Tickets available on the door or online at shop.bham.ac.uk (Product Catalogue > Non-Academic Departments > University Music Concerts).