- Elgar Concert Hall, Bramall Music Building
- Saturday 4 December 2021 (19:30-21:30)
University Music Society
The Elgar Concert Hall is filled with the sounds of community singing once again as the Music Society’s University Chorus makes a welcome return to music-making. With their director Julian Wilkins at the helm University Chorus, presents an exciting programme that includes Stephen Leek’s Ngana. Translated to "shark" the piece strikingly captures the driving energies, rhythms and vivid colors of the island seascape found around the northeastern tip of Australia.
With its members coming from across the campus, and the wider Birmingham community, University Chorus is an ensemble that you can not only enjoy hearing in concert - but also join you yourself at its Tuesday evening rehearsals. For details of how to get involved visit www.uobmusicsociety.org.uk.
Please note this concert will not have an interval.
- Coleridge-Taylor Three Choral Ballads, Op. 54
- Handel, arr. Warre/Jackson/Kibble, adapted Higgins Hallelujah
- Stephen Leek Ngana
- Cecilia McDowall A Fancy of Folksongs
- Judith Weir My Guardian Angel