Studying abroad gives you the chance to discover a new culture, take exciting new modules and gain valuable experience.
You can apply to study abroad for a year in an approved university around the world. If you achieve a grade of 2.1 or above in your first year then you will be invited to apply for a Year Abroad in your second year. If your application is successful, you will go abroad in your third year and return to us for your final year. Find out more at birmingham.ac.uk/yearabroad
We have over 60 partner institutions in around 15 countries worldwide. Many Music students choose universities with a strong music presence, such as:
- University of Melbourne, Melbourne.
- University of New South Wales, Kensington, Sydney.
- University of Queensland, Brisbane.
- University of Western Ontario, London.
- University of Ottawa, Ottawa.
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver.
- McGill University, Montreal.
- The University of Toronto, Toronto.
United States of America
- University of North Texas, Denton.
- University of Kansas, Lawrence.
- Arizona State University, Phoenix.
- University of Iowa, Iowa City.
- University of Maryland, College Park
- Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music within the University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati.
- Rutgers University, New Jersey.
- The University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
- The University of Illinois Urbana, Champaign.
The university also offers exchanges with a wide range of other institutions and you may apply to these on a competitive basis although not all will offer modules relevant to your degree programme. You will continue to pay your normal tuition fees to Birmingham; you do not have to pay any fees to your host university. Find out more.