Shine recognition for Student Experience Officer
Congratulations to Dorothy Lamb, LCAHM Student Experience Officer, a recent winner of the College of Arts and Law's Shine Recognition for Professional Services scheme!
The scheme celebrates members of professional services staff who consistently carry out an excellent job and frequently exceed expectations. As Student Experience Officer in the School of Languages, Cultures, Art History and Music, Dorothy's role is to ensure that our students are fully supported across a wide range of academic and non-academic initiatives and that they have the best possible experience during their time at university.
Dorothy works on a wide variety of projects, initiatives and events to enhance the student experience in LCAHM and to further develop an inclusive student community, such as:
- Supporting student induction and transition through Welcome and beyond
- Organising displays and events commemorating specific events, for example - Diwali, Rosa Parks’ Day, Chinese New Year
- Working with the School’s student societies to organise cultural events, language exchange and ‘buddy’ schemes
- Keeping regular contact with Year Abroad (YA) students
- Running competitions – such as a monthly photo competition for our YA students
- Ensuring that the student voice is heard by sitting on the Staff Student Forums
- Engaging with Student Reps via formal and informal feedback sessions
- Analysing student survey data (for example, the NSS) to enhance the student voice and develop new initiatives
- Supporting employability-related events