The School of Mathematics welcomes applicants for UK and EU postdoctoral fellowships, in all of the School’s research areas. From the list of fellowships and awards below you will be able to discover externally-funded opportunities and their eligibility criteria.
The School of Mathematics has a successful track record of hosting fellows at a range of career stages, from postdoctoral to advanced/established career, and can provide support in preparing applications to suitably-qualified candidates. We also welcome enquiries from holders of fellowships who are interested in visiting or transferring awards to Birmingham.
Cancer Research UK
Daphne Jackson Memorial Fellowships
L'Oreal- UNESCO For Women In Science
London Mathematical Society
LMS Early Career Fellowships
Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Science and Engineering (1851 Fellowship)
Applicants should contact members of staff in the School to seek support before making an application. If you are unsure about who to contact, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the area of research in which you are interested and we will redirect your enquiry to a member of staff in the nearest research area.
If successful you will have the following benefits:
- You will have access to support and guidance provided by a mentor as well as other academic and administrative research staff. You will be able to engage with colleagues conducting interdisciplinary research.
- You will have access to a diverse range of research seminars and interdisciplinary workshops across the University, in particular through the Institute of Global Innovation and Institute of Advanced Studies.
- We hold regular events and seminars with frequent participation of a range of stakeholders and visiting academics
- You will also have opportunities to present your research in School research groups and seminars, and to contribute to the outputs of the School’s research and impact agendas
- Postdoctoral Fellows have access to a wide range of public lectures and seminars across the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences and the University
- You will receive expert support in the preparation of grant applications during your Postdoctoral Fellowship
- You will be able to take advantage of the comprehensive range of training courses offered to research staff, aimed at maximising your career building potential