The module will use psychological case-studies, scenarios and problem-based learning to encourage engagement with study skills in a manner tailored to Psychology and Human Neuroscience students’ needs. The use of case studies and scenarios is intended to demonstrate the professional relevance of the skills addressed. The module learning outcomes align directly with the QAA’s generic skills for Psychology students.
Topics covered may include:
- Adapting to university study (general study skills)
- Finding what you need to know (library Induction)
- Representing your input professionally (plagiarism)
- What each of us can bring to the task (group working skills)
- Looking beneath the surface (critical thinking)
- Sharing understandings (writing skills).