This module will contribute to preparing students for their external research and practical placements, where they will work under the supervision of applied psychologists in the NHS, schools, forensic settings and other services.
Sessions will introduce some key concepts in Applied Psychology:
- Contexts of delivery: e.g. professional models (scientist-practitioner/reflective practice/consultancy); working with organisations and systems
- Core practice: e.g. communication and supervision
- Core concepts: e.g. theoretical models
- Understanding difficulties: e.g. assessment and formulation
- Facilitating change: e.g. formulation and intervention
The module will be delivered in a one week block at the start of term 2.