The new methods of ethics, conference 1
- Learning Centre - LG14
- Thursday 15 September (13:00) - Friday 16 September 2016 (16:30)
The main goal of this conference is to showcase some of the best recent work taking part in the new methodological debates in moral philosophy.
For further details, contact: Jussi Suikkanen: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday 15 September
- 13.00 - 14.15 Jack Woods (Leeds) Footing the Cost of Normative Contingency
- 14.30 - 16.00 Keynote: Catherine Wilson (CUNY/York) Metaethics from the First-Person Perspective
- 16.15 - 17.30 Victor Kumar (Toronto) and Joshua May (Alabama, Birmingham) How to Debunk Moral Beliefs
Friday 16 September
- 9.30 - 11.00 Keynote: Antti Kauppinen (Tampere) TBA
- 11.15 - 12.30 Abby Jaques (MIT) Casual Slaughters and Purposes Mistook
- 12.30 - 13.30 Lunch
- 13.30 - 15.00 Keynote: Shaun Nichols (Arizona) Moral Rationalism: A Limited Defence
- 15.15 - 16.30 Andrew Sepielli (Toronto) Consequentialism and the Evaluation of Action Qua Action
This conference is funded by the AHRC (as a part of the ‘Building Bridges in Ethics’ project) and the College of Arts and Law at the University of Birmingham. The conference is open to all, and there is no attendance fee (refreshments will be free, but drinks and dinner will not be included). Because of limited space available, if you intend to attend the workshop, please email Dr Jussi Suikkanen to book a place.