CPT/FraMEPhys Workshop on Time and Explanation
- University of Milan
- Monday 20 August (13:00) - Tuesday 21 August 2018 (17:15)
As a warm-up event for SMS4 (4th Annual Conference of the Society for Metaphysics of Science) the Centre for Philosophy of Time in Milan and the FraMEPhys project at the University of Birmingham are co-hosting a workshop on Time and Explanation at the University of Milan, Italy.
All are welcome, but please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th August if you plan to attend.
- Sam Baron (University of Western Australia)
- Christina Conroy (Morehead State University)
- Heather Demarest (University of Colorado, Boulder)
- Alison Fernandes (University of Warwick/Trinity College Dublin)
- Mike Hicks (University of Cologne)
- Dave Ingram (University of York)
- Alastair Wilson (University of Birmingham)
University of Milan: Aula 211, Via Festa del Perdono 7, Milan
Monday 20 August
- 13:00-13:15: Alastair Wilson – “Intro”
- 13:15-14:45: David Ingram – “Nefarious Metaphysical Explanations”
- 15:00-16:30: Alison Fernandes – “Three Accounts of Laws and Time”
- 16:45-18:15: Michael Hicks – “Space-Time Symmetries and Inductive Discovery”
- 19:30: Dinner
Tuesday 21 August
- 10:00-11:30: Sam Baron – “The Metaphysics of Spacetime Emergence”
- 11:45-13:15: Christina Conroy and Alastair Wilson – “Relationism and the Structure of Time”
- 15:00-16:30: Heather Demarest – “Flowing Alone”
- 16:45-17:15: General discussion
This event is supported by the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant agreement No 757295), together with the Department of Philosophy of the University of Milan.
More information can be found on the PhilEvents listing.