Clash of the Titans: Barth versus Hegel
- Main Lecture Theatre - 1st Floor - Arts Building
- Arts and Law, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Research
Karl Barth's influential - and strongly-worded - critique of Hegel, published just after the Second World War, is ripe for reconsideration in the light of recent scholarship on Hegel's philosophy and Barth's theology.
This lecture revisits Kant's famous 'conflict between the faculties' of philosophy and theology, taking Barth's critique as a test case of continuing relevance and significance.
- Professor Nicholas Adams, Professor of Philosophical Theology
- Inaugural lecture
- 17:15 for 17:30 start followed by by light refreshments at 18:30
- This event is free, but booking is essential. For registration, please visit the online registration page.