Working for the public - Re-imagining the 21st Century Public Servant
- Lectures Talks and Workshops, Social Sciences
IRSPM Conference 2015: Closing plenary
Times are tough in public and non-profit agencies
- What does the changing nature of societies and economies mean for working practices?
- How can managers respond when caught in the gaze of the media?
- Should we rely more on volunteers and what can they offer?
- How can those working for the public best promote a resilient and democratic society?
Deborah Youdell, Professor of the Sociology of Education, University of Birmingham, and Director of the Public Service Academy
- Anna Coote Head of Social Policy, New Economics Foundation
- Dr Cliff Allum Chief Executive of Skillshare International
- Cynthia Bower Partner in the Grace Partnership
- Professor Saul Becker Pro-Vice Chancellor and Head of College of Social Sciences
Time: 16:30 – 17:30 (please arrive by 16.15)
Date: Wednesday 1st April 2015
Venue: Bramall Concert Hall, University of Birmingham
The plenary is followed by an informal drinks reception and you are welcome to join us and talk further with conference participants.