Policy workshop on NHS board culture and performance
- 1 Wharfside Street, B1 2JR, Malmaison Hotel Birmingham, The Mailbox
- Lectures Talks and Workshops, Social Sciences
HSMC is arranging this seminar in partnership with the law firm, Mills & Reeve, building on recent research-based policy seminars we have held for the Midlands health leadership community.
The boards of healthcare providers have made great strides since the publication of the Francis Report to improve their oversight of patient safety and quality. Nevertheless research on both sides of the Atlantic shows that many boards are still feeling their way, especially at a time when financial constraints are as acute as they have ever been. There continues to be concern in many quarters that care, quality and compassion are inevitably compromised in a tight financial climate.
Please be aware that this workshop is designed primarily for chairs and chief executives (but will be highly relevant for medical directors, nurse directors, finance directors and chairs of quality committees) in healthcare providers across the West Midlands. Attendance will be limited to 25 delegates to maintain an informal workshop format.
The purpose of this workshop (which will be followed by an optional dinner), is:
- To share the results of the latest research conducted in both the UK and US by Professor Russell Mannion of the University of Birmingham's Health Services Management Centre and his colleagues.
- To showcase examples of best practice in hospitals across the UK.
- To explore what more boards can and should do to ensure that their oversight of patient safety and quality is both effective and efficient.
How to register
If you have not yet reserved a place at this event, please email Evelina Balandyte, firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Job Title
- Phone number and email address
- Any special requirements - for example dietary, mobility, visual
This is a FREE event.
Venue: Malmaison Hotel, The Mailbox, 1 Wharfside Street, Birmingham B1 2JR