The future of diversity research: Roundtable
- Muirhead Tower, room 420
- Lectures Talks and Workshops, Research, Social Sciences
- Dr Mette Berg (Institute of Social & Cultural Anthropology, University of Oxford)
- Dr Ben Gridley (COMPAS, University of Oxford)
- Dr Beth Grunfeld (School of Psychology, University of Birmingham)
- Professor Jenny Phillimore (Director of IRiS)
- Dr Susanne Wessendorf (Max-Planck Institute)
The roundtable will be chaired by Dr Nando Sigona (IRiS, University of Birmingham).
The roundtable draws on the expertise of leading thinkers to explore the future directions, challenges and opportunities in diversity research. The key questions the panellists will be addressing are:
- What paths might diversity research take in the next decade?
- How might these impact on different disciplines?
- What challenges and opportunities might lie ahead for diversity researchers?
- How can diversity research engage with different academic and policy agendas?
The roundtable will also be an opportunity for presenting the special issue of the journal Identities: Global Studies in Culture and Power on ‘Ethnography, Diversity and the Urban Space’ edited by Berg, Gidley and Sigona.
For more info on IRiS activities, visit: www.birmingham.ac.uk/iris