Beyond Borders: How would a Brexit impact UK immigration?
- G12 Main Lecture Theatre, University House
- Lectures Talks and Workshops, Social Sciences
Immigration is undoubtedly one of the most fundamental issues that will decide the outcome of the UK Referendum on EU membership, and arguably one of the most misunderstood and mispresented.
As part of the University of Birmingham’s programme of events in the run up to 23 June, the Institute for Research into Superdiversity (IRiS) is hosting a panel debate to assess the likely impact of both a 'leave' and 'remain' outcome on immigration. The discussion will address the diverse range of economic, cultural and social ramifications of the referendum, and help the wider public to make informed decisions with their vote.
Joining the panel are a number of leading voices on immigration and political matters, including*:
- Professor Jenny Phillimore (Director of IRiS)
- Roger Godsiff (MP for Birmingham Hall Green)
- Sunder Katwala (Director of British Future)
- Professor Andrew Geddes (Professor of Politics- University of Sheffield)
*Further panel members to be confirmed in due course.
This event is open to all and there will be an opportunity to pre submit questions for the panel, as well as an audience Q&A as part of the debate. Further information will follow shortly.
To register, please go to our registration page.