Ten towns - Birmingham: Unity and diversity
- Room 714/5, 7th Floor, Muirhead Tower (R21)
- Lectures Talks and Workshops, Research, Social Sciences
CommonGround are hosting a public discussion in partnership with the Institute for Research into Superdiversity (IRiS) at the University of Birmingham.
We’ll be talking about Birmingham's diversity in connection with the idea of 'Unity in Diversity'. We'll discuss:
- Participants' personal experiences of diversity in the UK
- How diversity relates to the Brexit vote and its aftermath
- How the concept of 'Unity in Diversity' might provide a means to bring people in the city, and across the country, together from across the political divide
Refreshments will be available, and all are welcome.
This is part of CommonGround's 'Ten Towns project: a bid to listen and learn from communities around the country where the Leave vote was decisive'. In each place, we will carry out a fact-finding mission and an open-invitation “huddle” where ideas for making the country work better can be exchanged, debated and developed. The 'Ten Towns' are: Birmingham, Bradford, Felixstowe, Hull, Northampton, Portsmouth, Stoke-on-Trent, Sunderland, Swansea, and Wolverhampton.
How to book
Book your place through our Facebook page.