The role of geospatial data in third sector service provision: developing a framework for research and practice.
James’s research aims to develop an analytical framework that details how geospatial data and geographic information systems are used by third sector organisations in the UK to achieve organisational aims. A purposively selected sample of third sector organisations will be taken, with a focus on third sector organisations that utilise geospatial data to carry out tasks such as to prove impact, efficiently allocate resources or better understand client groups.
James is part of the Third Sector Research Centre (TSRC).
Professor John Mohan and Dr Peter Lee
- BA (Hons) Geography, Royal Holloway, University of London
- MA Social Research (Local Government and Public Policy), University of Birmingham
- Third sector organisations in the UK
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and geospatial data
- Data use by third sector organisations
- Mixed methods research
- Third sector knowledge of community and place
- Member of the Voluntary Sector Studies Network (VSSN)
- Postgraduate Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society with IBG