Clinical Educator Days
As a clinical team we place great importance upon the need for continuing support and training with regards to your development as Clinical Educators. We therefore run a variety of in-house training days, some of which help to consolidate the basics of clinical education, and some are designed to challenge existing notions and bring about positive changes in student education.
We are also happy to run courses or in-service training within your workplace, please contact the Clinical Tutor for your area to enquire about this service.
University Based Courses
Our introductory courses are ideally suited to clinicians new to clinical education or to those who are intending to take a student following a long break.
Our update courses are suitable for Physiotherapy Practice Placement educators who have not had an update for 2 years and have already completed the Introductory Course.
The University-based courses usually run in April and September.
The next Clinical Educator Update Day takes place on 23 April 2015:
Introductory (all day); Update (half-day afternoon).
To book a place, or for further guidance, please email to Norma Jones email@example.com
What previous clinicians have said about our courses:
- "The time to discuss and share experiences was invaluable. It has given me both new ideas & confirmed current ways of working"
- "Have picked up some useful ideas that will improve placement experience for educators and student – very worthwhile"
- "Thought-provoking group sessions"
- "Thank you for lunch, good!!"
- " All questions asked were dealt with well and I left with no remaining queries or lack of clarity on my role"
- "Excellent use of case studies, scenarios and interactive learning, thank you!"
- "Thanks for a very informative day, I feel empowered to be a more confident ‘clinical educator’"