Sport Policy Centre Launch Event
- University House Atrium and G12 (Business School)
- Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences
Sport: bridging the gap between policy and research
The evening marks the launch of the Sport Policy Centre (SPC), which sits within the School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences at the University of Birmingham, one of the highest ranked Schools of its kind in the UK.
The SPC seeks to provide a bridge between first-class academic research and innovative policy-making. The launch event – hosted by the Institute of Advanced Studies – consists of a drinks reception followed by an interactive panel discussion on the gap between research and policy, featuring:
- Professor Barrie Houlihan (Loughborough University),
- Mike Chamberlain (Chief Executive of Sport Birmingham),
- Professor Tess Kay (Brunel University),
- Mark Barfield (Director of Development at British Triathlon).
The evening will be introduced by Zena Wooldridge OBE (Head of UBSport) and chaired by Dr Jonathan Grix (Director, Sport Policy Centre). The evening will also serve to showcase the Sport Policy Centre’s up-coming sport policy related program: the rolling-out of the SPC website, social media, workshops, events and conferences, all aimed to reach an audience beyond academia.
This event is free to attend and all are welcome.
Follow us at @SPC_UOB