36 hours per week - starting salary £12,654.40 per annum
Position starts 3rd September 2018 - 13 months fixed term contract
Learn the skills to become a chef at the University of Birmingham.
This exciting apprenticeship role will help you to begin your career pathway to becoming an outstanding chef. Working in different kitchen environments across the University you will gain important skills and experience in food preparation and an understanding of the different roles that operate in a kitchen.
The University of Birmingham has a wide range of catering venues. From bespoke restaurants to dedicated student focused dining facilities.
During this apprenticeship you will learn the following skills:
- Food preparation
- Understanding recipe cards
- Working in as part of a busy kitchen team
- Excellent customer service
- Stock rotation and food product awareness
If you are proactive, willing to learn with a 'can-do' attitude then we want to hear from you.
As an apprentice at the University of Birmingham:
- You will get valuable on-the-job experience, working with experienced and professional staff.
- You will receive off the job training with an expert training provider.
- You will be assured that the skills you learn are exactly what is needed for your chosen career.
- You will be supported as a valuable member of a larger University apprenticeship cohort.
To apply for this post, please submit a cv and cover letter to :email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 25th July 2018