Location: College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK
Apprentice Band 200 - Full time starting salary of £13,478 rising to £16,848 after 12 months
2 vacancies available
Fixed term contract for 15 months
Closing date: 19th November 2019
The successful apprentice will gain a wide range of administration experience across various operational areas within both the Education Services and Support and the Administration teams. This will include Programme administration, Student Services and Technology Enhanced Learning in the Education Services and Support team, and HR, finance, academic support and marketing and communications, in the Administration team. You will spend nominally 6 months in each team. You will develop essential skills as an assistant administrator and will be given specific tasks in each area aimed at developing your skillset in a functioning workplace. These tasks will be meaningful and of genuine value to the teams. Working with your mentor(s), who will provide appropriate support, you will be required to be complete tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
This is a great opportunity to gain substantial experience in a diverse environment which will give a real insight into different kinds of administration, and help develop your personal learning and critical thinking skills.
• To understand and use administrative systems to support business delivery
• To undertake and complete tasks/projects to agreed timescales and to set standards
• To organise and manage events
• To support a wide range of stakeholders, including academic and professional services staff
• To undertake duties as may be required from time to time in furtherance of the work of College of Medical and Dental Sciences.
You will develop the following skills in this post:
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Attention to detail and the ability to deliver what is required, when it is required
• Front of house skills
• Telephone and communication Skills (including basic web-editing)
• IT Skills: Microsoft Office, editing of online content, Audio/Visual skills
This apprenticeship would suit:
A person with a willingness to learn new skills and is enthusiastic to work in Higher Education. Individuals would ideally be proactive, fast learners who demonstrate a "can do" attitude.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
GCSE grade A*-C (or 9 -4) in Maths and English preferred: (This requirement may be met through the achievement of Level 2 functional skills or equivalent qualifications) Basic IT skills
Please include detail of potential career progression from this apprenticeship. This should be both internally and externally.
Programme Administrator using office software; data entry and management; internet and email communications
Personal assistant using internet and email; researching for and preparing presentations, preparing presentations or handouts; keeping records using databases or spreadsheets
ELearning support recording and editing audio and video clips; preparing text and images for publication
Student/Customer Services Front of house reception, responding to customer/visitor enquiries. Using office software, supporting events.
The University is a member of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
To apply for this post please follow the below link.