International staff

International staffThe University’s international profile is reflected in the diversity of its staff, and we are always keen to attract the brightest talent to our community from around the globe.

For an overview of requirements for working in the UK, please see the document Eligibility to work in the UK (PDF, 35 KB).

Applicants from the EEA

Nationals of most EEA countries are free to live and enter employment within the UK. However, nationals from new EU member states listed below need to register and request permission as detailed below.

Accession states - the A2 countries

Citizens from Bulgaria and Romania require a work permit and an accession worker card in order to work in the UK. For more information see the Work authorisation information for A2 nationals (PDF - 14KB).

Applicants from outside the EEA

Non-EEA nationals need to apply for eligibility to work in the UK under the UK Immigration points-based system. Most overseas workers applying to the University will fall into the tier 2 (skilled workers) category.

For more information please see the UK Border Agency website.