I have worked at the University of Birmingham since 2005 in various roles. I support staff development in a number of areas, through HEFi-based programmes, as well as ad-hoc support in Colleges. My areas of specialisation are:
- Learning theories and scholarship of teaching and learning
- Critical pedagogy
- Research-intensive learning and teaching
- Authentic and formative assessment
- Learning outcomes and constructive alignment
- Theory-based learning technologies
- Philosophy of education
- Education research
- Programme leadership
I am a member of the Educational Development team in HEFi, and also the programme lead for the Birmingham campus-based Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education. I am also the convenor of the HEFi Research Group, which is a network for the support and development of education research.
I am a member of the editorial committee of the SEDA Educational Developments journal.