I have worked at the University of Birmingham since 2005 in various roles. I support staff development in a number of areas, through HEFi-based programmes, as well as ad-hoc support in Colleges. My areas of specialisation are:
- · Learning theories and scholarship of teaching and learning
- · Critical pedagogy
- · Research-intensive learning and teaching
- · Authentic and formative assessment
- · Learning outcomes and constructive alignment
- · Theory-based learning technologies
- · Philosophy of education
- · Education research
- · Programme leadership
I am a member of the Educational Development team in HEFi, and also the programme lead for the Birmingham campus-based Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education. I am also leading HEFi’s Higher Education Research group. I am a member of the editorial board of HEFi’s Education in Practice journal.
I am an accreditor for Advance HE, working on their direct application pathway.
I am a member of the editorial committee of the SEDA Educational Developments journal.
I have launched the QAA’s Programme Leaders’ Network in collaboration with Warwick University.