Meta Analyses and Systematic Review Publications (publications with an asterix relate to research directly undertaken as part of my role as Research Director for the ClinPsyD and Forens.ClinPsyD programmes).
* Porter, L., Jones, C., & Fox, A. (2022). Reliability of the Calgary depression scale for schizophrenia: A meta-analysis. Schizophrenia Research, 240, 32–45. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.schres.2021.11.040
* Cummings, K., Watkins, A., Jones, C., Dias, R., & Welham, A. (2022). Behavioral and psychological features of PTEN mutations: A systematic review of the literature and meta-analysis of the prevalence of autism spectrum disorder characteristics. Journal of Neurodevelopmental Disorders. https://doi.org/10.1186/s11689-021-09406-w
* Jones, N., Jones, C., & Fox, A. (2022 - submitted). The effectiveness of family interventions for individuals with enduring schizophrenia: A meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Schizophrenia Research.
* Edwards, G., Jones, C., Pearson, E., Royston, R., Oliver, C., Tarver, J., Crawford, H., Shelley, L & Waite, J. (2021- submitted). Prevalence of anxiety symptomatology and diagnosis in genetic syndromes: a systematic review of metro analysis. Neuroscience and Biobehavioural Reviews
* Allen, L., Jones, C., Fox, A., Copello, A., Jones, N., & Meiser-Stedman, R. (2021). The correlation between social support and post-traumatic stress disorder in children and adolescents: A meta-analysis. Journal of Affective Disorders, 294, 543–557. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2021.07.028
* Mingins, J. E., Tarver, J., Waite, J., Jones, C., & Surtees, A. D. (2021). Anxiety and intellectual functioning in autistic children: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Autism, 25(1), 18–32. https://doi.org/10.1177/1362361320953253
* Williams A J, Jones C, Arcelus J, Townsend E, Lazaridou A, Michail M (2021) A systematic review and meta-analysis of victimisation and mental health prevalence among LGBTQ+ young people with experiences of self-harm and suicide. PLoS ONE 16(1): e0245268. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0245268
* Heppell, S., Jones, C., & Rose, J. (2020). The effectiveness of cognitive-behavioural therapy group-based interventions for men with intellectual disabilities and sexual offending histories: A meta-analysis. International Journal of Developmental Disabilities, 1–14. https://doi.org/10.1080/20473869.2020.1845933
* Steenfeldt-Kristensen, C., Jones, C. A., & Richards, C. (2020). The Prevalence of Self-injurious Behaviour in Autism: A Meta-analytic Study. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10803-020-04443-1
Jones, C., Hacker, D., Xia, J., Meaden, A., Irving, C. B., Zhao, S., Chen, J., & Shi, C. (2018). Cognitive behavioural therapy plus standard care versus standard care for people with schizophrenia. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD007964.pub2
Jones, C., Hacker, D., Meaden, A., Cormac, I., Irving, C. B., Xia, J., Zhao, S., Shi, C., & Chen, J. (2018). Cognitive behavioural therapy plus standard care versus standard care plus other psychosocial treatments for people with schizophrenia. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 11. https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD008712.pub3
* Surtees, A. D. R., Oliver, C., Jones, C. A., Evans, D. L., & Richards, C. (2017). Sleep duration and sleep quality in people with and without intellectual disability: A meta-analysis. Sleep Medicine Reviews.
* Richards, C., Jones, C., Groves, L., Moss, J., & Oliver, C. (2015) ‘Prevalence of autism spectrum disorder phenomenology in genetic disorders: A systematic review and meta-analysis’, The Lancet. Psychiatry, 2. doi:10.1016/S2215-0366(15)00376-4.
Jones, C., Meaden, A., Sturmey, P., & Hersen, M. (2009). Psychological and Psychosocial Treatment and Management of Schizophrenia. In Handbook of Evidence Based Practice in Clinical Psychology.
Neuropsychology Publications (publications with an asterix relate to research directly undertaken as part of my role as Research Director for the ClinPsyD and Forens.ClinPsyD programmes).
Gerhand, S., Jones, C.A., and Hacker, D. “Effort Testing, Performance Validity, and the Importance of Context and Consistency.” In Neuropsychological Aspects of Brain Injury Litigation: A Medicolegal Handbook for Lawyers and Clinicians, edited by Phil S. Moore, Shereen Brifcani, and Andrew Worthington. London: Routledge, 2021.
Hacker, D. A., Jones, C. A., Michael, T., Hawkins, A., Clowes, Z., Yasin, E., Belli, A., O’Neill, N., Parnham, J., Ustianowski, M., & Wardall, H. (2020). Validation of the Neuropsychological Assessment Battery Screening Module (NAB-SM) in patients with traumatic brain injury. Applied Neuropsychology: Adult, 1–9. https://doi.org/10.1080/23279095.2020.1852237
Hacker, D., Jones, C. A., Clowes, Z., Belli, A., Su, Z., Sitaraman, M., … Pettigrew, Y. (2016). The Development and Psychometric Evaluation of a Supplementary Index Score of the Neuropsychological Assessment Battery Screening Module that is Sensitive to Traumatic Brain Injury. Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology
* Rudman, N., Oyebode, J. R., Jones, C. A., & Bentham, P. (2011). An investigation into the validity of effort tests in a working age dementia population. Aging & Mental Health, 15(1), 47–57.
* Medley, A., Powell, T., Worthington, A., Chohan, G., & Jones, C. (2010). Brain injury beliefs, self-awareness, and coping: A preliminary cluster analytic study based within the self-regulatory model. Neuropsychological Rehabilitation, 20(6), 899–921.
* Johnston, R. A., Tomlinson, E., Jones, C., & Meaden, A. (2009). Face classification in schizophrenia: Evidence for a sensitivity to distinctiveness. Perception, 38, 702–707.
* Hacker, V. L., & Jones, C. (2009). Detecting feigned impairment with the word list recognition of the Wechsler Memory Scale-3rd edition. Brain Inj, 23(3), 243–249.
* Tooze, A., Gittoes, N. J., Jones, C. A., & Toogood, A. A. (2008). Neurocognitive consequences of surgery and radiotherapy for tumours of the pituitary. Clinical Endocrinology.
* Tooze, A., Gittoes, N. J., Jones, C. A., & Toogood, A. A. (2007). The effects of radiotherapy on neurocognitive function in patients treated for non-functioning pituitary adenoma.
* Tomlinson, E., Jones, C., Johnston, R. A., Meaden, A., & Wink, B. (2006). Facial emotion recognition from moving and static point-light images in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research, 85(1–3), 96–105.
Moss, A., Jones, C., Fokias, D., & Quinn, D. (2003). The mediating effects of effort upon the relationship between head injury severity and cognitive functioning. Brain Injury, 17(5), 377–387.
Other Clinical Research (publications with an asterix relate to research directly undertaken as part of my role as Research Director for the ClinPsyD and Forens.ClinPsyD programmes).
* Bennett, C., Copello, A., Jones, C., & Blissett, J. (2020). Children overcoming picky eating (COPE) – A cluster randomised controlled trial. Appetite, 104791. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.appet.2020.104791
* Goh, C., Jones, C., & Copello, A. (2019). A Further Test of the Impact of Online Gaming on Psychological Wellbeing and the Role of Play Motivations and Problematic Use. Psychiatric Quarterly, 90(4), 747–760. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11126-019-09656-x
* Johnson, J., Jones, C., Lin, A., Wood, S., Heinze, K., & Jackson, C. (2014). Shame amplifies the association between stressful life events and paranoia amongst young adults using mental health services: Implications for understanding risk and psychological resilience. Psychiatry Research, 220(1–2), 217–225.
* Rogers, S. L., Hughes, B. A., Jones, C. A., Freedman, L., Smart, K., Taylor, N., … Tomlinson, J. W. (2014). Diminished 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 activity is associated with decreased weight and weight gain across the first year of life. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, jc.2013-3254
* Kirby, A., Jones, C., & Copello, A. (2014). The Impact of Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPGs) on Psychological Wellbeing and the Role of Play Motivations and Problematic Use. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction, 12(1), 36–51.
* McGuinness, M., Blissett, J., & Jones, C. (2011). OCD in the Perinatal Period: Is Postpartum OCD (ppOCD) a Distinct Subtype? A Review of the Literature. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, 1–26.
* Bernard, M., Jackson, C., & Jones, C. (2006). Written emotional disclosure following first-episode psychosis: effects on symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. The British Journal of Clinical Psychology/the British Psychological Society, 45(Pt 3), 403.
* Rose, J., Ahuja, A. K., & Jones, C. (2006). Attitudes of direct care staff towards external professionals, team climate and psychological wellbeing: A pilot study. Journal of Intellectual Disabilities, 10(2), 105.
* Mason, O., Tyson, M., Jones, C., & Potts, S. (2005). Alexithymia: Its prevalence and correlates in a British undergraduate sample. Psychology and Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice, 78(1), 113–125.
* Gillespie, M., Smith, J., Meaden, A., Jones, C., & Wane, J. (2004). Clients engagement with assertive outreach services: A comparison of client and staff perceptions of engagement and its impact on later engagement. Journal of Mental Health, 13(5), 439–452.
* Meaden, A., Nithsdale, V., Rose, C., Smith, J., & Jones, C. (2004). Is engagement associated with outcome in assertive outreach? Journal of Mental Health, 13(4), 415–424.
* Rose, J., David, G., & Jones, C. (2003). Staff who work with people who have intellectual disabilities: the importance of personality. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 16(4), 267–277.
* Rose, J., Jenkins, R., O’Connor, C., Jones, C., & Felce, D. (2002). A Group Treatment for Men with Intellectual Disabilities who Sexually Offend or Abuse. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 15(2), 138.
* Skeate, A., Jackson, C., Birchwood, M., & Jones, C. (2002). Duration of untreated psychosis and pathways to care in first-episode psychosis Investigation of help-seeking behaviour in primary care. The British Journal of Psychiatry, 181(43).
* Hall, M., Meaden, A., Smith, J., & Jones, C. (2001). Brief report: The development and psychometric properties of an observer-rated measure of engagement with mental health services. Journal of Mental Health, 10(4), 457–465.
* Rose, J., Jones, C., & Elliott, J. L. (2000). Brief Report: Differences in Stress Levels between Managers and Direct Care Staff in Group Homes. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 13, 276–282.
View all publications in research portal