Research Interests in Psychology
My declared research interests have stretched outside the domains of my PhD and academe in the last eight years, to industrial and strategic research, and has spanned across a wide variety of areas.
This includes, but is not limited to, Print media research; student recruitment, retention, welfare, support, progression & attainment in HEIs; Efficacy of mentoring pedagogies in HEIs; Innovation & immersed practice in traditional degree pathways; Student voice & student experience research; Equality, Diversity & Oppressive practice in HEIs; Equality, Diversity & Oppressive practice in religious organisations, and Intersectional inequalities in gender, ethnicity, mental health issues and poverty, which contribute to the BAME attainment gap in HE.
Much of my recent declared & undeclared research is strategic & diagnostic by nature, bound by industrial NDAs, and is often outside the bounds of academe
Research interests in Theology
• BME Anglicanism in the Church of England
• Liturgy, ecclesiology & flourishing in the Church of England.
• Tradition, visual liturgy & subliminal learning.
• Liturgical arousal, hymnody & cognitive triggers
• Trauma theology & oppressive practice
Current Theology Research Projects
• BME Anglicanism in the Church of England: Commissioned by the diocese of Birmingham, supervised by Dr. Andrew Davies.
• Music, Mass & the Matrix: Cognitive triggers and subliminal learning in sung liturgy- independent commission.
• Beyond the Lych-gate: Inclusivity & flourishing in the life of the Church -independent commission.