Undergraduate Admissions

I am extending my visa to write up a thesis, do I need a new ATAS?

If your course requires ATAS and you need to extend your visa to write up a thesis, the date on which your original visa was issued determines whether you need to apply for a new ATAS certificate:

  • Visa issued before 30 November 2007: you don't need to apply for ATAS
  • Visa issued on or after 30 November 2007: you must apply for ATAS

To find out more read our ATAS pages.